Hii friends, Today I am going to give you information about Sericulture.
Sericulture it is a branch of applied zoology which deals with rearing of silkworms and production of silk.
Importance of Sericulture –
- Sericulture is a more useful work, Sericulture provides gainful employment, economic development and improvement in the quality of life to the people in rural area and therefore it plays an important role in anti poverty programme as well as prevents migration of rural people to urban area in search of employment.
- As a natural fiber, silk needs no introduction. It is renewable, eco-friendly, and durable.
- It is useful because of the natural fineness, beautiful luster and luxurious elegance, the demand for silk is constantly rising. n the India, the import demand for silk is so high and is the second largest producer after China.
- That other natural fibers where the farmer has to do much of the work, with silk, the silkworms produce silk at the finest level with the most beautiful lustrous threads ever seen.
- That the rearers just need to ensure that the silkworms are fed with the right food and are kept in the right environment.
Process of Sericulture –
- This Sericulture,is also called as silk farming, is the process of making silk fibers.
- It is starts by raising silkworms and then processing the fibers they produce. …
- This thread can then be twisted into silk yarn or woven into silk cloth (fabric).
Sericulture where did it originate?
- Sericulture production, from the moth, Bombyx mori (L.), Sericulture during in that following centuries spread through China and silk became a precious commodity highly sought by other countries
Advantages of Sericulture-
- It generates employment opportunity for the unemployed individuals in your locality.
- We could take our invested money back in the short period of time.
- Higher profits return.
- Women empowerment by providing them employment.
- They are non-hazardous to the environment.
Methods of Rearing and silkworms
- Different Types of Silk
- The Sericulture and Weaving. It is the practice of rearing silkworms for the production of raw silk. …
Types of Silkworm Rearing
Four types of Silkworm Rearing –
So guys, I hope you have understood the concept of the Sericulture. Share this information with your friends and family.