Hii friends.. Today we are going to discuss about muscles in human body.
What are muscles?
The muscle is a soft tissue . Muscle cells in human body contain protein filaments actin and myosin. That slide past one another, producing a contraction that changes both the length and the shape of the cell. Muscle cells in human body for maintaining and changing posture, locomotion.. The Muscles function to produce force and motion . Mussels cells in human body : Types of muscle tissue skeletal muscle, smooth muscle, and cardiac muscles.
What do you mean by muscular system?
- It is an permits movement of the body, maintains posture and circulates blood throughout the body, together with the skeletal system, it forms the musculoskeletal system, which is responsible for movement of the human body.
- In which in vertebrates are controlled through the nervous system although some muscles can be completely autonomous.
What is the function of Muscle cells in human body?
- The muscular system is a composed of specialized cells called muscle fibers.
- Their predominant function is contractibility.
- In the body of human muscular system is an organ system are attached to the bones or internal organs and blood vessels, are responsible for movement.
Mussels cells in human body : Types of muscle tissue
- Cardiac Muscle
- Smooth Muscle
- Skeletal Muscle
1) Cardiac muscle
Cardiac muscle cell are found in the myocardium as well as is responsible for the contraction of the heart satellite cells.
- Cardiac muscle tissue are found in the heart, as well as are specialized to pump blood powerfully and efficiently throughout our entire lifetime.
- characteristics of cardiac muscle tissue cells
- They are involuntary and intrinsically controlled, striated, branched, and single nucleated.
- The Cardiac muscle cells works to keep your heart pumping through involuntary movements.
- It is one feature that differentiates it from skeletal muscle tissue, which you can control.
- It does this through specialized cells called pacemaker cells.
- These control the contractions of your heart.
Cardiac muscle cells are located in the
1) walls of the heart
2) appear striated
3)under involuntary control. Smooth muscle fibers are located in walls of hollow visceral organs, except the heart, appear spindle-shaped, and are also under involuntary control.
2) Smooth muscle cells
Smooth muscle cells are responsible for involuntary contractions
Smooth muscle are found in the walls of blood vessels and hollow organs such as the gastrointestinal tract, uterus , and bladder. They are also present in the eye also contract changing the shape of the lens causing the eye to focus.
Smooth muscle is also responsible for waves of contraction throughout the digestive system, forcing food to move through the body (peristalsis).
3) Skeletal muscle cells
The skeletal muscles are long,cylindrical, multi-nucleated and striated. Each nucleus regulates the metabolic requirements of the sarcoplasm around it. Skeletal muscle cells have high energy requirements, so they contain many mitochondria in order to generate sufficient ATP. In which the skeletal muscles sarcoplasm consists of myofibrils, which in turn are made up of thick and thin myofilaments.
These cells form the muscle that we use to move as well as produce contraction due to the sliding of myosin heads over the actin filaments. This process is regulated by factor functions.
Mussels cells in human body : Types of muscle tissue: Are a unique structure and a specific role.
- Skeletal muscle moves bones and other structures.
- Cardiac muscle contracts the heart to pump blood.
- Smooth muscle tissues are that forms organs like the stomach as well as bladder changes shape to facilitate bodily functions.
- Skeletal muscle is voluntary and striated.
- cardiac muscle is involuntary and straited.
- smooth muscle is involuntary and non-striated.
Shapes of muscle
What are the roles of Muscle cells in human body
- Muscles function to produce force and motion.
- Muscles are primarily responsible for maintaining and changing posture, locomotion,
- And movement of internal organs, such as the contraction of the heart as well as the movement of food through the digestive system via peristalsis.
Major properties of the muscular system.
1) Excitable or Irritable.
…………We have learned that our bodies are made of 3 different muscles – cardiac, smooth, and skeletal. All three different muscles have the same job – to contract and relax
Thanks for visit….!