Hi friends, Today we are going to discuss about Spinal Cord in human body.
- The spinal cord is a support system of the body
- In human body the spinal cord is a long cylinder of nerves that runs from the base of your brain through the vertebral canal through the backbone.
- It is a part of the central nervous system (CNS) along with the brain.
- It is a divided into different segments.
- In that each segment contains a pair roots made out of nerve fibres. The spinal cord is (in yellow) connects the brain to nerves throughout the body.
Importance spinal cord
- Spinal Cord is important part in body because without a spinal cord your brain and your body couldn’t communicate with each other.
- The spinal cord is the pathway for impulses from the brain to the body and from the body to the brain, and .
- These impulses are the different signals our brain sends and receives from our bodies.
Physiology of the spinal cord
- what makes it work. The spinal column consists of the bones that contain and protect the spinal cord.
- The bones are of the spinal column or vertebrae help hold us up and together.
- The spinal cord extends from the brain.
What is the structure of spinal cord?
The structure of spinal cord is a cylindrical structure of nervous tissue composed of white and gray matter, is uniformly organized and is divided into four regions.
- Cervical (C)
- Thoracic (T)
- Lumbar (L)
- Sacral (S)
- In the spinal cord the cervical portion of the spine comprises the top portion of the spinal cord, comprising seven vertebrae (C1 – C7) in the neck.
- They closer to the brain and affecting a larger portion of the body, cervical spinal cord injuries are typically the most severe variety of spinal cord injury.
- Thoracic spin – the main function of the thoracic spine is to hold the rib cage and protect the heart and lungs.
- The T1 to T12 are twelve thoracic vertebrae numbered T1 to T12.
- The motion of range in the thoracic spine is limited.
- The Lumbar spine – In that the main function of the lumbar spine is to bear the weight of the body.
- LA to L5 are the five lumbar vertebrae are numbered.
- These vertebrae are larger in size to absorb the stress of lifting and carrying heavy objects.
- The sacral spine (sacrum) is the located below the lumbar spine and above the tailbone, which is known as the coccyx.
- 5 bones that are fused together make up the triangle-shaped sacrum, and these bones are numbered S-1 to S-5.
Functions Of Spine
- The spine protect the spinal cord, nerve roots and several of the body’s internal organs.
- The spine provide structural support and balance to maintain an upright posture.
- Enable flexible motion.
Thanks for visit..!
Something Wrong Please Contact to Davsy Admin