Hii friends, Today we are going to discuss about autonomy of human liver
The liver is a essential organ In the human body. In the liver multiple functions. It is makes a many of the chemicals required by the body to function normally, it breaks down and detoxifies substances in the body, and it is also acts as a storage unit in the body.
It has many functions in the body
1)Including making proteins and 2)Blood clotting factor 3)Manufacturing triglycerides 4)Cholesterol 5)Glycogen synthesis 6)Bile production
Structure of liver
- In the human body the largest internal organ is liver and it is located in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen, beneath the diaphragm and is protected by the lower right ribs.
- It is also extends across the midline toward the left upper quadrant of the abdomen.
- The liver is enlarged, it will grow further across the upper abdomen and down towards the navel (umbilicus).
The liver is a divided into two lobes
It has a rich blood supply obtained from two sources;
1) 1st lobe is the portal vein . It delivers blood from the gastrointestinal tract (stomach, intestine, colon) and spleen, and
2) The hepatic artery supplies blood from the heart.
Why is the liver so important?
- The liver is the one of the largest organs in the body.
- It has many important metabolic functions.
- It is converts the nutrients in our diets into substances that the body can use, stores these substances, and supplies cells with them when needed.
In the liver’s main function
Is to filter the blood coming from the digestive tract, before passing it to the rest of the body. The liver is also detoxifies chemicals & metabolizes drugs.
The primary functions of the liver are:
- Bile production and excretion.
- Excretion of bilirubin, cholesterol,hormones and drugs.
- Metabolism of fats,proteins and carbohydrates.
- Enzyme activation.
- Storage of glycogen, vitamins, and minerals. synthesis of plasma proteins, such as albumin, and clotting factors.
Some interesting facts about the liver
The liver consists of 96% water. (The water is inside the cells and in blood.)
Ways to a Healthy Liver
- Maintain a healthy weight. …
- Eat a balanced diet. …
- Exercise regularly. …
- Avoid toxins. …
- Use alcohol responsibly. …
- Avoid the use of illicit drugs. …
- Avoid contaminated needles…
- Get medical care if you’re exposed to blood…
Stages of liver failure
1)Inflammation. In this early stage, the liver is enlarged or inflamed.
2)Fibrosis. Scar tissue begins to replace healthy tissue in the inflamed liver.
3)Cirrhosis. Severe scarring has built up, making it difficult for the liver to function properly.
End-stage liver disease (ESLD). …
Different Disease Processes. Including Infections
- Cirrhosis (scarring)
- Damage by medications or toxins.
Symptoms of liver
- Disease can Include
- Jaundice Abdominal pain
- Weight loss
Thanks For Visit
Something Wrong Please Contact to Davsy Admin