Greenhouse Effect facts.
Today we are going to discuss about green house effect facts .
Social Issues related to Environment
Social Issues : It is defined as, The general factors causes damage and problem of environment is known as social issue.
List Of Social Issues Related To Environment
- Global warming
- Green house effect
- Depletion of Ozone layer
- Acid rain
- population growth
- Depletion of non renewable energy resource
- Covid _19
- Global warming is the increase in average temperature of the earth near surface air and oceans. Most of the observed temperature increase is caused by increased Concentration of green house gause
- Major gause
- water vapor
- Carbon dioxide
The important part /source of carbon dioxide is the power plants.
For the electricity generation burning of fossil fuels is used
In the atmosphere present twenty percent carbon dioxide ,burning of gasoline in the engines of the vehicles .
20 time more methane is as effectual as CO2 at entrapping heat in the atmosphere
Methane is obtained from resource such as rice paddies, bovine flatulence, bacteria in bogs and fossil fuels manufacture.
In nylon and nitric acid the important source is nitrous oxide use production, cars with catalytic converters, the use of fertilizers in agriculture and the burning of organic matter.
- The effect of global warming is
- Increasing the average temperature of the earth.
- In that the ecology, including an increasing sea level and modifying the quantity and pattern of rainfall
- Boost the occurrence and concentration of severe climate events, such as floods, famines, heat waves, tornado’s, and twisted
Reduce global warming
- Use Less Heat and Air Conditioning
- Drive Less and Drive Smart
- Buy Energy Efficient Products
- Use less hot water
- Use the off switch
- Plant a tree
- Encourage others to conserve
Green house effect
- Progressive worming up of the earth surface due to high concentration of man-made carbon dioxide in the atmosphere
- Concentration of CO2works like a gas panel of greenhouse allowing short waves incoming solar radiation to come in but preventing the long wave heat to retaliated out.
- The natural outcome is warmer atmosphere :
- 100 years ago CO2 – 275ppm
- In the year 2007 – 375ppm
- In the year 2040 – 450ppm
The major green house gases
- The gases with the properties of greenhouse are know as green house gases.
- Some gases in earth’s atmosphere for Eg. Water, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide have a very special property. They do not absorb the visible light from the sun, but they do absorb the infrared light radiated by the Earth surface. These called green house gases.
- Carbon dioxide
- Halogen gases like Chlorofluorocarbons
- Nitrogen oxide
Sources of green house gases
- Thermal power station based on fossil fuels, mainly coal and mineral oil emitting huge amount of CO2
- Numerous factories and industrial chimney wastes
- Deforestation and burning of fossil fuels.
Effects of Greenhouse Gases
- Global warming and climate change.
- Rise of sea level
- Worsening health effects
- Disruption of the water cycle
- Changing forest and natural areas
- Challenges to agriculture and food supply
- Effect on the ozone layer
- Effect on oceanic climate.
Control of Green house
- Alternate source of energy are to be used
- Advanced and efficient technologies for reducing emissions from fossil fuels.
- Afforestation and reforestation on a scale
- Carbon market
So guys, I hope you have understood the concept of global warming & green house effect through this information.
Share this information with your friends and family.