Hi friends, Today I am going to give information about Powerhouses of cell Mitochondriaon.
- Mitochondrion is a essential components of nearly all cells in the body.
- This mitochondrion are the powerhouses for cells, providing energy to carry out biochemical reactions and other cellular processes.
- These organelles /Mitochondrion make a energy for cells from the chemical energy stored in the food we eat.
Structure of Mitochondrion
- The mitochondrion are double membrane bound cell organelles.
- Outer membrane is smooth and tightly stretched, while inner membrane criastae.
- The mitochondrion is a round to oval-shaped organelle .
- It is afound in the cells of almost all eukaryotic organisms.
- It is the produces energy, it known as ATP, for the cell through a series of chemical reactions.
- This mitochondrias are semi -autonomous cell organelles as well as self duplicating organelle.
Generation of mitochondrion
- Mitochondrion is are the only organelles in the cell which contain their own DNA, and their own protein making machinery.
- Mosstly in multi-cellular organisms use today (aerobic respiration, using oxygen). Under aerobic condition, in the presence of oxygen in the atmosphere, pyruvate is completely oxidized to form CO2, H2O and large amount of energy is generated.
Inside membrane in the Mitochondrion
- The mitochondrion were once free living organisms on their own that used aerobic respiration.
- In which the mitochondrion the 5 proteins from the chain on the inner mitochondrial membrane is known as the respiratory chain.
- That is the transfer the energy along these 5 proteins until it becomes ATP.
Powerhouses of mitochondrion
- Mitochondria is called as a “powerhouses of the cell,” mitochondria.
- It is produce the energy necessary for the cell’s survival and functioning.
- Through a series of chemical reactions, mitochondria break down glucose into an energy molecule it known as the adenosine triphosphate (ATP), which is used to fuel various other cellular processes.
- In which that addition to producing energy, mitochondria store calcium for cell signaling, generate heat, and are involved in cell growth and death etc.
Energy made in mitochondrion
- Our food contains the macromolecules namely carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
- These energy stored in the molecular bonds of these molecules is converted into a usable energy source in the body is known as ATP.
- ATP is the only energy currency that can be used in the our bodies.
- Similar to that in macromolecules, there are many sources of energy including hydro, wind, nuclear etc.
- The energy sources are different .Energy in our homes is always converted to electricity to power various devices, similar to how only ATP in our cells is used to carry out cellular functions.
- The production of ATP is a complex process
- The inner membrane of the mitochondrion is responsible for mass energy production.
The Mitochondrion Found In
- Mitochondrias are located in the cytoplasm of cells along with other organelles of the cell.
- with the exception of a few. There are usually multiple , depending upon the function of that type of cell the mitochondria are found in one cell.
- Mitochondria are found in the cells in Animals imals, Plants , Eukaryotic Organism.
- Cells are contain lot of energy, such as muscle cells, can contain hundreds or thousands of mitochondria. That such type of cell like red blood cells, lack mitochondria entirelyMitochondria post.
So guys, I hope you have understand the concept of Power house of mitochondrion through this information
share this information with your friends and family.