Hii friends, Today I am going to give you information about Environmental Science .
Definition :The environmental science is defined as study of interaction of human being with environment.
Segments of Environment
Environment can be classified into various segments
Segment Of Environment
- Atmosphere : It is composed of the air.
- Hydrosphere : The surface of earth filled with any source of water.
- Lithosphere : The outer shell of the composed of crust and rigid outer most mantle.
- Biosphere : The place on earth where life exists.
Need of Environmental Studies
- To inspire everybody to use our environmental resources with care.
- To explain the concept of environmental degradation.
- To identify various factors causing environmental degradation.
- To prevent of adverse effect on our environment .
- Not to ignore the environmental issues.
Objective of EVS
- The Awareness : about our environment and it’s allied problems.
- In the Knowledge : experience about our environment and acquire basic understanding and associated
- Problems Skill : Identifying and solving environmental problems
- The Participation : providing opportunity to be involved in resolving the environmental problems.
Importance of EVS
- The EVS enlighten is the importance of protection and conservation of our environment
- In that the EVS have become significant for the following reasons :
- Environment issues being of international importance
- Problems cropped in the wake of development
- Explosive increase in pollution
- Need for an alternative solution
- Need to save humanity from extinction
- Need for wise planning of development
Benefits of EVS
- Conservation of energy and fast depleting natural resources.
- Increase in economics productivity
- Imparting knowledge about west management, treatment and disposal.
- Develop social responsibility towards environment protection
- Creating awareness to control population.
- values towards understanding as well as Inculcating attitude interdependence of nature and man and work towards sustainable development.
Green Technology or clean Tech
- It Is the application of products as well as the development, equipment and systems used to conserve the natural environment and resources, which minimize and reduce the negative impact of human activities.
- Criteria of Green Tech products, equipment or system
- It minimizes the degradation of the environment.
- It is safe for use and promotes healthy and improved enivorment for all forms of life.
- It conserves the use of energy and natural resources
- It promotes the use of renewable resource.
Examples of clean Tech
- Unleaded petrol, sulphur free coal, CNG, LPG, Bio -fules hybrid vehicles
- Air pollution control equipments like catalytic converters, electrostatic precipitators, fual gas desulphurization units etc.
- Genetically engineered crops which requires less chemical pesticides due to their genetic resistance to diseases and pests
- Solar energy Hydro energy Ocean energy geothermal energy wind energy as alternative
- Recycling of west paper, metal, glass, flyash, slag, red mud etc.
Goals of green tech :
- The Cradle to cradle design – ending the cradle to grave cycle of manufactured products, by creating products that can be fully reclaimed or re -used.
- Source reduction -reduction waste and pollution by changing pattern of production and consumption.
- The Innovation _The technologies alternative.
- In developing – whether fossil fuel or chemical intensive .
- In agriculture -that have been demonstrated to damage health and the enivorment.
- In the viability -the creating is a center of economic activity around technologies and products that benefit the environment, speeding their implementation and creating new careers that truly protect the planet.
Green Tech Subject Areas
- Energy -development of alternative fules, new means of generating energy and energy efficiency
- In that Green building -encompasses everything from the choice of building materials to building location .
- In which the environmentally preferred purchasing – government purchasing of products whose contents and methods of production have the smallest possible impact on the environment.
- The Green chemistry – In that the design, application of chemical productsinvention, and processes to reduce &eliminate the use and generation of hazardous substance.
- Green nanotechnology – application of green chemistry and green engineering principales to materials at nano scale
- Green computing – designing, manufacturing, using, and disposing of computers and associated subsystem, effectively with minimal or no impact on the environment.
So guys, I hope you have understood the concept of environmental science through this information. Share this information with your friends and family